Monday, 9 March 2015

Big Fashionista Post: Baby I was Drawn This Way

Lifestyle Blogger Kellie, tells all about the weird app out there that can retouch your photographs, just like the celebrities do. Kellie wasn't too keen on the results and we agree. Anatural all the way! 



I love a selfie. Only last week I wrote a post defending your right to selfie your arse off and I stand by it.
 
However, the true meaning of the word selfie is SELF and SOME people out there, well let's put it this way….


If some of you guys went missing, we aren't going to find you by your avi are we?
There seems to be more touch ups going on than at........ (Removed by Legal Department) 


I discovered that a lot of this trickery is down to an app, allegedly 
(You're welcome-Legal Department) used by Kim Kardashian and thought I would give it a go. 


pink hair,  perfect 365

pink hair
I have to admit, my first thought was HOLY SHIT. Let me go and retouch every single picture that I have ever taken in the last 20 year. That thought lasted for about 20 seconds before I thought, you know what? Screw that. I have earned EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE LINES. 


See those bags under my eyes? That's because I stayed up too late the night before, laughing and joking with my wonderful fiancĂ©. Those crows feet that the app wants to "soften"? 
Again, earned. Laughter, tears, childbirth, raising children, you know, EXPERIENCE. 


Why on EARTH, would I want to take those away? What does that leave me with, because it isn't ME, is it? 

The make up section is scary, my eyeshadow skills are in comparison to a 5 yr old with crayons and yet I would still rather do it my way than with an app, I woke up like this? 


More like I was drawn this way. 
pink hair,
pink hair, perfect 365


If I wanted to look like a creepy sex doll with no emotion or feelings in my face, then yes, this would be a bloody amazing thing to do, but where do you draw the line? I could easily think, "well I will just even out my skin tone here, smooth out these lines there" and before you know it, 


BANG, 



And ain't no-one going to put this picture on the side of a milk carton, are they? 
(Legal disclaimer, Big Fashionista cannot be held legally responsible for the freaky dreams you will undoubtedly have after reading this post-Legal Department) 
PS, once you've actually used the app, you can definitely start to see where people are using it on their pictures, ladies, gents, Kim Kardashian, let go of the apps, embrace your face.  Love the skin that you are in, you earned every single wrinkle, line, bag on your face and you are BEAUTIFUL. 
Be you and embrace your individuality, I'm off to delete the app off my phone. 

What do you think, do you do a little retouching? Do you even out your skin tone  for your pics or do you much rather prefer the natural look? PS, how FREAKY is that last picture. 
I cannot stop staring at it!!!! 


Here's one more weird one, just because. 

Sweet dreams,

Big Fashionista x x 


Take a look at some beautiful hair accessories at Stone Bridge Uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment