Tuesday, 6 November 2012

The Joy Of New Discoveries

Personal Recommendations Rock, and Melissa Shares Her Cebollitas With You

Discovering goodness in my mother's kitchen.
 All thanks to a recommendation.
I've recently returned from a flying visit to my parents in San Diego.

Normally when I travel I like to Discover New Things.

If you're at all like me, you'll agree there is nothing quite so much fun as finding treasures serendipitously.

But on this trip, my time was short  and I felt it was Very Important that every meal in particular be completely delicious.

So I asked my mother for recommendations.


What Do You Want? Margaritas. Naturally.


"Well, what do you want?" she asked, mentally riffling through her encyclopaedic list of great San Diego restaurants.

"Mexican," I said.

"There are a lot of good ones, but my favourite is El Callejon. The margaritas are excellent."

If my mother says a margarita is excellent, then there is no point arguing that it isn't. Because you would be wrong. And you'd also miss out on a great margarita, which would be silly.

"El Callejon it is," my husband said.

"And you must try the cebollitas. They are so good. You wouldn't even know they're on the menu, they're hidden away in a corner with the side dishes. But I really recommend them."

So Husband and I duly make our way to El Callejon. We order our (very nice) margaritas. And we of course order a side of cebollitas.

They were heavenly.

And, best of all, I think I know how to make them.

The next morning I leapt from my jetlagged bed at 5am, desperate for the supermarket to open so I can go buy my ingredients.

Make Life Better. Make Recommendations.


When you think about it, recommending your discoveries actually makes the world a better place.

Our business at Stone Bridge, probably like El Callejon's, relies on our customers enjoying their experience with us so much that they tell all their friends and family about us.

Like one of our lovely new customers, Alice, who wrote:

"I originally went on the Stonebridge website to order something for my Mum's birthday as she has raved about them. Well, that was dangerous!!"

Alice now has a nice little collection of Stone Bridge hair clips even her mother (a long-time customer in her own right) might envy.

If you've had a great experience with our hair clips, or even if you've learned a cool trick from our blog, please share Stone Bridge with the people in your life.

It will help them love their hair more and it helps us thrive as a business.


Make Life Better. Eat Nice Food.


Now, if you can't get yourself to El Callejon, you can whip yourself up a tasty Mexican snack in no time.

Couple this with a lovely margarita over ice (with a salted glass and a slice of lime, natch) and you'll have the makings of a perfect evening.

Cebollitas

Serves 2-4, depending how hungry people are!

4 bunches spring onions
Vegetable oil for frying
1 Tablespoon beef bouillon paste
100 ml water
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons

First, prepare the sauce. Bring to a boil the water and bouillon paste, then lower to a simmer. Add lemon juice, increasing or decreasing to taste. If too watery, continue boiling to reduce and concentrate flavour.

Wash and trim the roots from the ends of the spring onions. In a very hot pan, fry off the the spring onions in the vegetable oil in batches until tips are crispy and the interior is soft, about 2-3 minutes. Don't crowd the pan to help maintain the heat.

Pour sauce over the spring onions and serve hot.

Enjoy!


More posts you might like:

Damaging Hair "Advice" From Around The Internet
Living Dangerously So You Don't Have To
Are You A Hair Claw Addict? This Video Is For You
Cute Curly Hairstyles For Fall

Visit Stone Bridge Hair Accessories UK







No comments:

Post a Comment