Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Our Lady Of The Ugly Hair Clips

How Ruth Is Spending Her "Ill-Gotten Gains"

Spending her "ill-gotten gains" on hair clips!
Ruth is a long-time customer of Stone Bridge who is always good for a funny chat over the phone.

She also, over the time we've gotten to know each other, seems to have set a challenge to find the ugliest hair clip in creation.

A few times a year we'll receive a parcel containing a handwritten note declaring, "I've outdone myself this time!" or "You thought the last one was awful ..." along with a bargain basement treasure in hair clip form that she's discovered in her travels.

The last time Ruth rang, however, she had news of a different sort.

Here's her story, in her own words:


Hi Melissa & Claire, 
Some years ago I was hit on the hand with a hammer at my farm.  
The doctor at the A & E referred me to an orthopaedic surgeon 2 days later because he suspected it was broken. On the day, the surgeon came in, without taking his eyes off his notes, told me my finger was not broken and the X rays did not show any sign of fracture.  
I said I was in tremendous pain and he said he couldn't think why.  A week later I went to my own GP and said I was in pain.  
But he said it had been X rayed and there was nothing wrong, so no pain medication was needed. I told him I wanted referred to another surgeon and he asked, "What for? There is nothing wrong."  
I almost gave in, but said I think there has been a mistake and managed to get a referral for a second opinion. 
At a private hospital the new X ray revealed 28 breaks.  
The first surgeon had been looking at the wrong X ray.  
Time to see the lawyer.  
After a long time messing me about and hoping I would run out of money, a court date was set for early this year, with a robust defense promised. Logic prevailed at the last minute and we were able to agree a settlement out of court.  
Having now received my ill-gotten gains, I wanted to buy things I would normally consider too much of an extravagance.  
I love my Stone Bridge Rectangle claw clip and I have often wished all my claws were Stone Bridge. Now is the time to make that happen. 
I should have done it sooner. The others are not worth buying.  
And on that theme, I do believe I can say without fear of contradiction, I have sent you guys the worst hair clips in all creation.  
Best wishes, Ruth


Have you got a great Stone Bridge hair clip story to share?

Post it in the comments below, or email me! I'd love to hear it.


... and what did Ruth blow her money on?

(She said I could tell you!)

Ruth's treat: The Cadre Medium Claw
Our Cadre Medium Claw














For thick hair: Rectangle Large Claw
However, if you've got thick or quite long hair, I know you'll love our best-selling Rectangle Large Claw.

No comments:

Post a Comment