Tuesday, 15 May 2012

How To Use Small French Hair Pins

Create A Chignon With Just 1 Petit Soldat Small Hair Pin

Petit Soldat French Hair Pins
Personally, I'm not a big fan of chignons for myself because I don't think they flatter my profile and because I feel like I look like an old granny.

That isn't to say they don't look absolutely wonderful on other women, though.

I made a brief video for you showing how you can create a secure chignon with just a single French hair pin, without even using a ponytail elastic.

If you have very long or heavy hair, however, you might need two pins, either side of your chignon.

Also, we recommend choosing a colour that blends in with your hair tone.

I'm demonstrating the method here in our French Vanilla colour so you can better see what I'm doing.

Enjoy!

How To Use Small French Hair Pins For A Chignon Or Ballet Bun Style





Hair Accessories Used In This Video



Petit Soldat Short French Hair Pin (Sold Out!) Create the same look with our Sourire U Pins.

Browse more French Hair Pins

Or, visit Stone Bridge Hair Accessories UK

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/18/2012

    Thank you so much for the chignon video! I see how it works now.... I think I need two pins.

    Masako

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Masako! You're very welcome.

    I'm worried in your case as I remember how slippery and heavy your hair can be ... With very thick hair, you need to have quite a lot of length in order for your hair to wrap all the way around more than once.

    You might need bra-strap length or even longer with hair as thick as yours.

    I have an idea of a style that might be a compromise for you, but I'll have to play with it first to see if it works.

    Watch this space! :)

    ReplyDelete