Friday, 11 June 2010

Accessorising with Hair Accessories

Brillant Hair Clips Are Best Worn On Their Own


A salesperson phoned me this morning and made me v. angry so I finished off a Polyvore set I had started yesterday to calm myself down. I actually wore a very similar outfit to this last night (my shoes are much nicer than these, but you get the idea). Now I feel much better. There's nothing like choosing accessories to focus the mind.

One thing you might notice in the outfits I put together is that if I choose an outstanding hair clip or hair band, I don't pair it with any jewellery. As a rule of thumb, you should only choose two accessories to go anywhere near your head. Any more than that and you start looking like a Christmas tree.

So if you're going for hair clips, you should choose either earrings or a necklace, but not both. If your jewellery needs to be centre of attention, then the hair clip should be small or subtle, toning in with your hair colour if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment